Tuesday, July 16, 2013

AX 2013 Purchases

Here's what I bought during AX. This year some of Japan's popular fashion brands: Liz Lisa, Liz Lisa Doll, Tralala, Ma*rs, GOLDS infinity, and GLAVIL by tutuHA came to AX. It's the first of its kind. Since Japanese manga/anime are so popular they wanted to see how the brands would market in America. It's a good idea cause Anime Expo attracts over 61,000 people. It's a good way to get the brand out there. There are just a couple problems.. price and audience. For the price, I thought it was good considering the importing/shipment coming to America. They didn't over charge customers but they charge california tax. Somme AX goers might be intimidated with the price and move on to the next booth. Even though AX brings in 60k people, AX target is the stereotypical otaku. Most of the attendees where male who had no interest or no girlfriends to buy gal brands. A lot of the LA gyaru worked/came to support the brands. It was nice to see them even for few minutes. ^_^ I didn't have my camera on me so I don't have much pics with them *sad* Some brands struggled but I know Ma*rs and Liz Lisa did well. AX was a good stepping stone to spread gyaru fashion! *cheers*

LA exclusive design by Ma*rs
Liz Lisa
Liz Lisa






MA*RS